Arm Exercises To Build Big Muscles
Everybody wants to have a big and strong arm as it gives you a feeling of fitness and confidence. It also conveys a message of strength and true sportsmanship. Apart from that, there are a lot of practical benefits when it comes to building your arm muscles.
Here are some of the best arm exercises to help you build your muscle in the fastest way possible. Read on thoroughly and carefully to learn these easy and basic ways to increase your muscles.
#1 Incline Dumbbell Curl
The incline dumbbell curl is the most basic and easy exercise to build up your arm muscles. If you are working out on your arm muscles, you should add this exercise to your daily routine.
To do the incline dumbbell curls, all you need is just two items; a workout bench and a set of dumbbells.
How to do this exercise
You need to follow certain steps to do this exercise. They are listed below.
- Firstly, you have to sit down on the workout bench and keep your back straight. If you are ready, hold your dumbbells on both your hands and get into position.
- Once you are ready, lift each dumbbell towards your shoulder one at a time. Make sure to lift the dumbbell in a perpendicular direction and keep your abdominal muscles tight.
- Also, remember to keep your biceps tight and lift the dumbbells only with your lower arms.
- Do not release the dumbbells too fast; doing this could strain your muscles and cause severe injury.
- Repeat this same exercise daily at least fifteen times for three sets to get the best results in a short period of time.
#2 Standing Barbell Curl
The standing barbell curl is a common exercise for your arm where you need to put a lot of effort into your elbow and wrist. This is an excellent exercise to increase the strength of your arm and endure your muscles.
Standing barbell curl is a very easy exercise to learn, although you need to put in more effort to do it perfectly. All you need in this exercise is a barbell; make sure to choose a weight of your capacity.
How to do a standing barbell curl
- First of all, stand straight with your chest up and stand strong by giving pressure to your abdomen.
- Hold the barbell with your hands; make sure to get a good grip while in contact with the handle of the barbell.
- Slowly maintain the tension in your arms and lift up the barbell in a perpendicular direction to your body. You can raise your lower arms slowly up to your shoulder level.
- Hold it for a few seconds and slowly lower the barbell in the same direction as lifting up.
- Continue the same process daily at least ten to fifteen times while working out. If you continue doing this exercise regularly, you will find yourself in a much better position within no time.
#3 Seated Concentration Curl
Seated concentration curl is a very simple exercise that allows you to gain muscle and strength within a short time. This is a very simple exercise that helps in increasing your strength in your biceps and forearms.
To do this exercise, all you need is a dumbbell and a flat bench or chair.
How to do this exercise
- Firstly, sit on a flat bench by spreading your legs, and your knees bent down with your feet stepping flat on the floor. Then, place the dumbbell between your legs.
- Hold the dumbbell with one hand and the bench with the other hand between your legs to get good support.
- Slowly lift the dumbbell with the strength of your wrist and raise it to your chest level, and slowly lower down the dumbbell.
- Do not lift the dumbbell continuously with only one hand. Try to switch your hands after a specific interval of curls so that you can maintain a good and equal strength to both your arms.
- Repeat this exercise in both your hands regularly at least ten to fifteen times to get the best results.
#4 Diamond Push-ups
The diamond pushup is a vital exercise to increase the muscles of your biceps and triceps. This exercise is one of the most effective steps to improve your muscle stability and strength. To do this exercise, you don’t need any extra items or materials.
How to do diamond push-ups
- First of all, bend down straight with your hip over your knees in a flexed position. Then, place your hands in a diamond or triangle shape right below your chest.
- After placing your body in a push-up position, straighten your legs and flex your knees so that you get a good grip in contact with the floor.
- Slowly push your body towards the floor with your chest resting right on top of your hands. Stay in this position for a few seconds. Then, slowly start pushing up your body in the same position.
- While doing this exercise, make sure to keep your body still by putting your entire body weight against your arms. Also, make sure to tuck your chin correctly against the floor.
- Continue doing this exercise regularly at least ten to fifteen times. You can also do more than fifteen sets, depending upon your capability.
A dip is also a common and easy upper body strength exercise that increases your biceps and triceps muscles. This exercise helps you to increase your strength and improve the stability of your posture.
Modern dip exercises are done in a set of rings or a dip bar so that you can balance your body perfectly. However, you can do this exercise with an ordinary chair or a bench to balance your body.
How to do this exercise
- First of all, find a stable bench or chair that can lift your body weight easily.
- Let your back face towards the chair. Then, hold the edge of the chair and extend your legs till your heels touch the floor. Keep your chin up and look straight ahead in a still position.
- Bend your elbow by pressing your body towards the ground and lower your body slowly.
- Bend your elbow between 45 to 90 degrees in every dip.
- Push yourself slowly up and return to the start position and repeat the same process. Make sure to hold the edge of the chair with proper grip so that you don’t face unnecessary accidents.
- Repeat this same process regularly at least ten times and increase your sets after one or two weeks. If you continue doing this exercise regularly, you will find yourself in a much better position within a few weeks. Moreover, your biceps and triceps muscles will increase even before you know it.
#6 Skull Crushers
The skull crusher is a common push exercise that increases your arm muscles. This is an excellent exercise for extending your biceps and triceps. It is often done to fix your body posture and balance.
To perform this exercise, all you need is a flat bench, one dumbbell, or a barbell. Make sure to choose a barbell or dumbbell of suitable weights depending on your capacity to perform at least ten sets of extensions.
How to perform this exercise
- First of all, lay down straight on the bench with your knees bent at the edge. Then, rest your feet on the floor. Make sure to position your body in the most comfortable posture.
- Slowly hold the dumbbell with both your hands right above your chest in a vertical position and inhale.
- Now, slowly move the dumbbell down towards the tip of your head by bending your elbow.
- Lift up the dumbbell slowly in the same position right on top of your chest.
- Repeat this process at least ten to twelve times in every set.
- While performing this exercise, make sure you have a firm grip on your dumbbell and lay down straight in a comfortable position to avoid injuries.
#7 Close-Grip Bench Press
The close-grip bench press is a common exercise that increases your triceps muscles and strengthens your chest. The close-grip bench press is also known as the triceps bench press. This is a very great exercise to improve your upper body strength.
To perform this exercise, all you need is a flat bench and a barbell of suitable weight.
How to do this exercise?
- Firstly, lie down straight on the bench with your knees bent and rest your feet on the floor. Before starting this exercise, make sure to place your body in the most comfortable position.
- Slowly position the barbell at the perfect level on the rack with the help of assistance.
- Slowly lift the barbell with your arms locked straight towards the sky and slowly lift down the barbell towards your chest. Make sure to keep your elbows close to your body.
- Perform this exercise using the strength of your triceps.
- Repeat this process at least five to ten times daily in your workout routine to obtain maximum results.
- If you are new to this type of exercise, it is highly recommended to use a spotter or a smith machine to avoid injuries.
#8 Alternating Hammer Curls
Alternating hammer curls is one of the best and most common exercises performed to increase upper body strength. It also helps in improving the muscles of the biceps and triceps.
Hammer curl is one of the most effective exercises to build up your arm muscle. To perform this exercise, all you need is a pair of dumbbells of suitable weight.
How to perform this exercise?
- Firstly, hold the dumbbells in both your hands and place them in a position where your palms face towards your thighs. Also, make sure to grab a tight grip on the dumbbell and avoid doing it with sweaty palms.
- Keep your elbows in a fixed position and slowly lift the right dumbbell towards your left shoulder and the left dumbbell towards your right shoulder alternatively. Do not move your whole arm towards your shoulder; the movement should be done only by your elbow.
- Slowly lower the dumbbell to your thigh level and repeat this process alternatively at least five to ten times each.
- If you continue this exercise regularly, within a few weeks, your arm muscles will increase and make you stronger than ever.
#9 Triceps Pushdown
A triceps pushdown is a common exercise performed in a regular gym to increase upper body strength and increase your arm muscles. A pushdown is one of the most effective exercises to improve your triceps muscles and strengthen your upper body.
This exercise is generally performed in a gym using a pushdown machine or a cable machine. However, you can perform this exercise in your home with the help of a resistance band.
How to do this exercise?
- First of all, stand tall by facing the cable machine and hold the cable bar attached with a rope to the machine. Make sure to choose a suitable weight depending upon your capacity.
- If you are ready to start, slowly push down the cable until your elbows are straight and put pressure on your abdomen.
- Slightly bent your knees and slowly released the cable up to its starting position so that you don’t crash the weights.
- Take a deep breath and continue the same process at least five to eight times.
- Add this exercise to your workout routine and repeat this process regularly to gain triceps muscles and upper body strength within a few weeks.